Macon Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
A recent poll of nursing home employees showed that 40% confessed to committing an abusive act within the last year. Nursing home abuse occurs for a number of reasons, including inadequate screening processes for new employees, inadequate training, low pay, and a short staff. Nursing home neglect is a very serious matter.
Do You Have a Nursing Home Neglect Claim?
Placing your family member or loved one in a nursing home was a difficult decision, and it is a decision that is compounded by the possibility of nursing home neglect or abuse. Such abuse can be in the form of physical pain, resulting in bruises, falls, and even wrongful death, as well as emotional or financial pain. If a member of your family or a loved one has experienced nursing home neglect or abuse, you are not alone – each year, 25% of nursing homes are cited for causing injury or death to residents.
Ranging from emotional, physical, sexual, or financial abuse, the nursing home neglect attorneys at Buzzell, Graham & Welsh are experienced at identifying and fighting nursing home neglect or abuse. Often times, residents are reluctant and embarrassed to report abuse, so it is helpful for you to be aware of the warning signs of abuse.
Warning signs include
- Frequent complaining and/or complaints directed toward specific workers
- Unusual changes in behavior
- Stained clothing
- Evidence of small injuries, such as bruises or cuts
- Staff delays access to patient or limits your alone time with patient
- Bedsores, dirty bedding, poor hygiene, or dirty living environment
- Unusual changes in behavior, personality, or attentiveness